DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Electric Vehicles Market in India 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Determining Plug-in Opportunity for Value Chain Players & Evaluating the Change in Power Demand Scenario with Growth of EVs in India
Harping the focus on EV's are ever tightening CO2 emissions regulations and the investment of billions in subsidies and incentives by governments around the world, encouraging greater industry participation and adoption in the marketplace, hence expected to be a no different in India either. By 2020, CO2 emissions will be regulatorily limited at 95 g/km as an average value throughout the vehicle fleet, which means that distinct Bharat norms have to be placed for ICE drive trains in the country.
In order to outbalance the CO2 performance of cars with higher emission values, OEMs need to have zero-emission vehicles like the EV. The U.S. Government recently invested $5 billion in electric cars, including loans and grants to automakers and battery producers, spending on charging stations, and $7,500 tax credits to car buyers with the goal of having another one million EV's on U.S. roads by 2020 post-FY 2015. In addition, more and more global cities will become networked, integrated and branded smart cities, where electric vehicles can be ideally deployed in order to offer a better, cleaner urban mobility experience and help balance future smart electricity grids.
Although, GoI has announced initiative like FAME & NEMMP penetration shall happen only when the end consumer finds the EV as cost competitive with compatible charging infrastructure available publicly in the country starting from tier 1 and tier 2 cities in a phased manner. Also, both forward and backward integration shall be key in terms of developing a robust electric vehicles market in the country by 2030. Having said that turning completely reliable upon eMobility by 2030 might be overambitious unless aggressive support environment for EV's is established in the country.
Key Queries Addressed
- What shall be the Business Case for Electric Vehicles in India?
- What are the various growth factors for EV in India?
- What are the various growth barriers for EV in India?
- How much is the domestic manufacturing potential of India in the EV segment?
- What are the available opportunities for EV Automakers in India?
- What are the available opportunities for Battery Manufacturers in India?
- What are the available opportunities for various supply chain players?
- What are the available opportunities for Discoms and Charging Infra service providers?
- What are the available opportunities for Smart Grid Players?
- What is the current Regulatory & Policy Landscape for EV in India?
Business Case for Electric Vehicles Market in India
- The overall electric vehicle market for storage in India is likely to be 4.7 GW in 2022. Over 50% of the market in 2022 will be driven by e-rickshaw batteries
- Need to counter air pollution coupled with rising fuel prices in India provides for a booming business case for establishing a robust EV market
- Favorable policy interface such as FAME I and FAME II and pushing the adaptation of EVs through embellished incentives for end users
- Market orientation of Automobile industry OEMs to invest heavily in the manufacturing of all 2W, 3W, and 4W category of vehicles and provide for them as value integrator and supplier for EV charging infra as well builds up good industry outlook
- Smart cities and smart grid is promoted which are both the right enablers for developing a robust EV Market growth in India
- Changing charging infrastructure industry structure in India with many global majors planning to enter the market which shall open up scores of opportunity for value chain players with increasing FDI
- PSU's and many local private sector giants also have envisaged entering this business segment which is promising for India. Further, with the likes of NTPC, Tata Power, BHEL & Fortum India the growth shall be faster than anticipated
Contents and Coverage
- Opportunity assessment for discoms for discoms and infra providers
- Incentivization index for electric vehicles in India
- Opportunity assessment for electric vehicles/automakers in India
- Identifying growth factors for electric vehicles market in India
- Examining growth barriers in India for electric vehicles market
- Domestic manufacturing potential of India: Evaluating current & future market
- Scenario-based future market assessment until 2030
- Power availability for electric vehicles in India
- Scenario wise opportunity assessment for battery manufacturers
- State wise determination and benchmarking in India for electric vehicles adaptability
- Examining electric vehicles business case in India
- Subsidy indexation for electric vehicles in India
- Potential adaptability for electric vehicles in India
Unique Selling Points
- First-hand sector knowledge and inputs
- Primary research inputs from F2F interviews with domain experts
- Experts insights and market reviews taken into consideration
- Validated data and analysis
- Opportunity mapping and market sizing
- Germinates from minds that think fresh to evolve pathfinding guide for all stakeholders through quality information and analysis
- Free query handling and analyst support for three months from the date of report procurement
- Identifying gains for energy storage market in India
- Evaluating the cost factor for both batteries and fuel
- Promoting energy storage - DER adaptability
- Opportunity assessment for value chain players
- Opportunity for smart grid player through the electric vehicle market
- Scenario wise market assessment for high plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
- Market Sizing as per adaptability of EV's under transportation matrix in India- 2030
- State EVI Determination & Benchmarks in India for Electric Vehicle adaptability
- Examination of geographical presence of automobile manufacturers in India and its impact of developing the electric vehicle market
- Examining electric vehicle inclusive transportation matrix scenario
- Evaluating market dynamics and positioning of electric vehicle index
- Examining the sales preposition of electric vehicle market in India
- Identifying the city /state level wise incentivizing index for electric vehicles in India
- Evaluating Opportunity for EV/Automakers
- Analysing Opportunity for Supply Chain Players
- Identifying business opportunity in charging infrastructure segment
- Identifying business opportunity in Power Generation segment
- Examining opportunities for battery manufacturers and allied value chain players
Key Companies Mentioned
- Tata Motors
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8j0ia3
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900