Nissan Technology Helps You Drive Safely
Nissan’s ProPILOT Assist, Intelligent Cruise Control, Traffic Sign Recognition and Safety Shield 360 suite of advanced technologies, standard on most models, can help
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After weeks in quarantine, U.S residents are venturing out as stay-at-home restrictions loosen. While U.S. drivers get reacquainted with the road, Nissan encourages them to utilize their vehicle's advanced safety features.
Many of Nissan's intelligent technologies are designed to help drivers operate more safely on roads and highways.
"Nissan has integrated intelligent driver-assist technologies such as Nissan's ProPILOT Assist, Intelligent Cruise Control, Blind Spot Warning, High Beam Assist, Apple CarPlay®, and Android Auto™ and Traffic Sign Recognition that can help drivers avoid common mistakes and improve road safety," said Chris Reed, senior vice president, Research and Development, Nissan Technical Center North America. "You use a lot of reflex memory when you operate a vehicle so if you have been off the roads for a while, now is a good time to understand how these features can truly improve the overall driving experience."
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI), technologies similar to Nissan's Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection1 have been found to reduce crashes. Technologies included in Nissan's Safety Shield 3602, a suite of six advanced active safety and driver-assist technologies, are also showing real-world benefits.3
- Heading to another birthday parade? Re-familiarize yourself with Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, which can provide audio and visual alerts and even apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate collisions. Nissan's Rear Automatic Braking4 helps the driver detect stationary objects when backing up and, if necessary, can apply the brakes to help avoid a collision. Both technologies are part of Nissan Safety Shield 360.
- Pulling out of a curbside pickup spot? When backing out of a parking space, Rear Cross Traffic Alert5 makes it easy by watching the area around the rear of the vehicle and can warn you about detected approaching vehicles you might not see.
- Forgetting the speed limit? Traffic Sign Recognition keeps you up to date with the latest speed limit by detecting road signs as you go.
- Unintended lane drifting? Nissan Safety Shield 360 technologies can alert drivers if they begin to drift from their lane or if another vehicle is in their blind spot areas thanks to Lane Departure Warning6 and Blind Spot Warning7 systems. The ProPILOT Assist8 system combines Nissan's Intelligent Cruise Control9 and Steering Assist technologies to maintain a gap with the car in front of you at a preset distance and to help keep the vehicle centered during single-lane highway driving, even on slight curves.
- Glued to your smartphone? Put the cell phone down when you're behind the wheel and rely on the intelligent connectivity tools such as NissanConnect® with Navigation and Services, featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, for directions, phone calls and messaging.10
About Nissan ProPILOT Assist8
Nissan's ProPILOT Assist is a hands-on driving assistant designed to help drivers during long highway trips and the stop and go traffic of your daily commute. Using a front radar sensor and a front-facing camera located behind the rear-view mirror, it can maintain a gap with the car in front of you at a preset distance and help to keep the vehicle centered during single-lane driving, even on slight curves. The ProPILOT Assist system combines Nissan's Intelligent Cruise Control and Steering Assist technologies and includes a stop and hold function that can bring the vehicle to a full stop, hold in place, and can bring you back up to speed when traffic starts moving again.
The ProPILOT Assist system represents the first generation of advanced driver assistance features in Nissan vehicles. The next generation of Nissan's Assistance technology will support steering, braking, and accelerating during multi-lane driving.
ProPILOT Assist is available on the 2020 Nissan Rogue, 2020 Rogue Sport, 2020 LEAF, and 2020 Altima.
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- Nissan Safety Shield technologies can't prevent all collisions or warn in all situations. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- IIHS, HLDI: Real-world benefits of crash avoidance technologies
- Rear Automatic Braking cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert may not detect all vehicles. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- Lane Departure Warning only operates when lane markings are able to be detected. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- Blind Spot Warning and Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention cannot prevent all collisions and may not detect every object or warn in all situations. Driver should always turn and look before changing lanes. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- ProPILOT Assist cannot prevent collisions. It is the driver's responsibility to be in control of the vehicle at all times. Always monitor traffic conditions and keep both hands on the steering wheel. System operates only when lane markings are detected. Does not function in all weather, traffic and road conditions. System has limited control capability and the driver may need to steer, brake or accelerate at any time to maintain safety. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- Intelligent Cruise Control uses limited braking and is not a collision avoidance or warning system. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
- Available feature shown. Use feature only when safe and legal. Compatible device and service required. Subject to third party service availability.