2021 Lexus IS AR Play App
Lexus 3D augmented reality app provides consumers with realistic close-up view of new compact sports sedan
PLANO, Texas (June 15, 2020) — To virtually unveil the new 2021 IS, Lexus has launched Lexus AR Play, an immersive augmented reality app designed to allow users to explore the vehicle through their smart phone or tablet – the first app of its kind for Lexus. With social distancing the new normal across the globe, Lexus was inspired to develop the technology to showcase the newest design and performance features of this luxury sports sedan, a category favorite since the model’s debut nearly 20 years ago.
The Lexus AR Play app allows users to preview the vehicle in an interactive way, enabling users to:
- Virtually walk around the vehicle for up-close 360-degree exterior and interior views.
- Engage the gamification function to virtually drive the IS in augmented reality like a remote-control car.
- Personalize the vehicle exterior with eight custom color offerings for the 2021 IS.
- Open and close the doors and trunk.
- Explore the vehicle’s design, performance, and safety features with high-level audio narration.
- View 3D cutaways of key technical features, the engine and chassis.
- Capture photos for sharing with friends or on your favorite social media channels.
“This app is a modern day expression of a longstanding Lexus core value: ‘genchi genbutsu’ or ‘go & see’- a practice employed by Lexus engineers to go on-site to ensure a true understanding of a situation by experiencing it firsthand,” said Lisa Materazzo, vice president of marketing at Lexus. “Now our guests can experience the next best thing to genchi genbutsu with the new IS 350, seeing it for themselves in a way previously unavailable, and long before the vehicles arrive in showrooms in late fall. “