Ethanol Market Size Worth $129.36 Billion by 2027 | CAGR 4.8%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, June 23, 2020 -- The global ethanol market size is projected to reach USD 129.36 billion by 2027 registering a CAGR of 4.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand from fuel and industrial solvents applications is anticipated to remain a key factor favoring market growth.
The advent of second-generation ethanol is expected to bring about a revolution in the industry. The feedstocks used for production are cane trash, rice & wheat straw, corn cobs, cotton stalk, empty fruit bunches, and bagasse. With growing concerns regarding sustainability and tackling organic waste production of second-generation ethanol is expected to gain widespread acceptance. Although a large number of manufacturers have successfully run pilot experiments, there are still concerns surrounding the extraction of useful sugars that are locked in by lignin, cellulose, and hemicellulose in biomass and woody feedstock.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Second-generation ethanol demand is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 5.9% from 2020 to 2027 due to rising demand from the alcoholic beverages and disinfectant industries
- Undenatured ethanol was the second-largest segment in 2019 and accounted for a market share of 29.9% owing to growing demand in the manufacturing of fuel additives
- The beverages application segment is anticipated to witness the maximum CAGR of 5.4% from 2020 to 2027 owing to growing consumption of alcohol-based products
- The demand for the product in Germany is expected to reach USD 2.05 billion by 2027 backed by changing fuel regulations and steady growth in the consumption of alcoholic beverages
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Ethanol Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source (Second Generation, Grain-based), By Purity (Denatured, Undenatured), By Application (Beverages, Fuel & Fuel Additives), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ethanol-market
Disinfectants manufactured from ethanol are expected to gain prominence as they form an important component of personal hygiene. The changing consumer behavior and rising health awareness are expected to drive product consumption in this application segment. The growing cases of Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs) and rise in surgical procedures are expected to have a positive impact on product demand.
Europe is expected to be one of the major regional markets. The implementation of programs supporting the growth of the biofuels sector is expected to positively impact the eco-system. The European Commission has also started to incentivize farmers to produce feedstock, such as corn, maize, and sugarcane. The adoption of Fuel Quality Derivative aimed at increasing the concentration of ethanol in gasoline will also help augment product demand.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ethanol market on the basis of source, purity, application, and region:
- Ethanol Source Outlook (Volume, Million Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Sugar & Molasses-based
- Second Generation
- Ethanol Purity Outlook (Volume, Million Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Ethanol Application Outlook (Volume, Million Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Industrial Solvents
- Fuel & Fuel Additives
- Personal Care
- Ethanol Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- List of Key Players of Ethanol Market:
- United Breweries
- Aventine Renewable Energy
- AB Miller
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Pure Energy Inc.
- British Petroleum
- Cargill Corporation
Find more research reports on Disinfectants & Preservatives Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Sodium Chlorite Market – High demand for the chemical in wastewater treatment and water purification applications owing to its biocidal and antimicrobial properties is expected to fuel the demand for sodium chlorite over the forecast period.
- Bleaching Clay Market – Increasing use of biofuel as a sustainable energy resource and growing consumption of vegetable oils are expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Isopropyl Alcohol Market – Increasing demand for solvents across a wide range of industries globally is anticipated to remain a key factor favoring growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.