Insights on the Electric Locomotives Global Industry to 2030 - Featuring Transmashholding, Stadler Rail & Hitachi Among Others
DUBLIN, June 26, 2020 -- The "Electric Locomotives Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Growth and Change" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global electric locomotives market.
This report focuses on electric locomotives market which is experiencing strong growth. The report gives a guide to the electric locomotives market which will be shaping and changing our lives over the next ten years and beyond, including the markets response to the challenge of the global pandemic.
The global electric locomotives market is expected to decline from $6.53 billion in 2019 to $6.4 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.99%. The decline is mainly due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of industries and all travel and transport activities. The market is then expected to recover and reach $7.85 billion in 2023 at CAGR of 7.06%.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the electric locomotives? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Electric Locomotives market global report from the publisher answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider electric locomotives market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the influence of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its growth.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the growth trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The electric locomotives market section of the report gives context. It compares the electric locomotives market with other segments of the electric locomotives market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, electric locomotives indicators comparison.
Major players in the electric locomotives market are CRRC Corporation Limited, Bombardier Inc., Alstom SA, Siemens AG, Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., General Electric Company, Transmashholding AG, Stadler Rail AG, Hitachi Ltd., and AEG Power Solutions.
The electric locomotives market consists of sales of electric locomotives which provide motive power to trains with no payload capacity, and their only use is to pull trains along the tracks. The sales consist of revenue generated by establishments that are primarily engaged in the manufacturing of locomotives and its components such as electric motors, transformer, inverter, and compressor.
The electric locomotives market covered in this report is segmented by energy transfer into overhead lines; third rail; on-board energy storage. It is also segmented by technology into IGBT module; GTO thyristor; SIC module, by traction units into AC traction units; DC traction units; multi system units and by application into passenger transport; freight transport.
The emergence of dual-mode locomotive electric trains will be one of the major trends that will gain traction in the electric locomotive market in the forecast period. In November 2019, Rail systems RP GmbH and Siemens Mobility signed a contract for the supply of two Vectron Dual Mode locomotives that can be operated either as diesel or electric unit. On electrified routes, the Vectron Dual Mode is powered by electricity to save fuel and reduce maintenance costs. Due to their reduced dependence on petrol, the coming years will witness an increased preference for dual-mode trains, which will be one of the major factors propelling the growth of this market.
Increasing preference for non-polluting and energy-efficient transport is contributing to the growth of the electric locomotives market. According to UK Department of Transport, besides highly efficient electric motors in electric locomotives that regularly have efficiency of around 90% due to the advancements such as regenerative braking which can recover energy from braking, they emit 20%-35% less carbon per passenger mile than those enabled by diesel and helps in reduction in carbon emissions. Concerns regarding greener environment resulted in increasing demand for non-polluting and energy-efficient transport systems, thereby driving the electric locomotives market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Electric Locomotives Market Characteristics
3. Electric Locomotives Market Size And Growth
3.1. Global Electric Locomotives Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Electric Locomotives Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Electric Locomotives Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Electric Locomotives Market, Segmentation By Energy Transfer, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
4.2. Global Electric Locomotives Market, Segmentation By Technology, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
4.3. Global Electric Locomotives Market, Segmentation By Traction Units, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
4.4. Global Electric Locomotives Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5. Electric Locomotives Market Regional And Country Analysis
5.1. Global Electric Locomotives Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Electric Locomotives Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
6. Asia-Pacific Electric Locomotives Market
7. China Electric Locomotives Market
8. India Electric Locomotives Market
9. Japan Electric Locomotives Market
10. Australia Electric Locomotives Market
11. Indonesia Electric Locomotives Market
12. South Korea Electric Locomotives Market
13. Western Europe Electric Locomotives Market
14. UK Electric Locomotives Market
15. Germany Electric Locomotives Market
16. France Electric Locomotives Market
17. Eastern Europe Electric Locomotives Market
18. Russia Electric Locomotives Market
19. North America Electric Locomotives Market
20. USA Electric Locomotives Market
21. South America Electric Locomotives Market
22. Brazil Electric Locomotives Market
23. Middle East Electric Locomotives Market
24. Africa Electric Locomotives Market
25. Electric Locomotives Market Competitive Landscape And Company Profiles
25.1. Electric Locomotives Market Competitive Landscape
25.2. Electric Locomotives Market Company Profiles
25.2.1. CRRC Corporation Limited
184.108.40.206. Products and Services
220.127.116.11. Financial Performance
25.2.2. Bombardier Inc.
18.104.22.168. Products and Services
22.214.171.124. Financial Performance
25.2.3. Alstom SA
126.96.36.199. Products and Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
25.2.4. Siemens AG
184.108.40.206. Products and Services
220.127.116.11. Financial Performance
25.2.5. Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
18.104.22.168. Products and Services
22.214.171.124. Financial Performance
26. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Electric Locomotives Market
27. Electric Locomotives Market Trends And Strategies
28. Electric Locomotives Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
- CRRC Corporation Limited
- Bombardier Inc.
- Alstom SA
- Siemens AG
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
- General Electric Company
- Transmashholding AG
- Stadler Rail AG
- Hitachi Ltd.
- AEG Power Solutions
- Strukton, Bombardier Inc.
- Wabtec Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Metso Corporation
- Brookville Equipment Corporation
- KONAR - Electronics and Informatics Inc.
- A. Stucki Company
- UGL Rail
- Tata Motors
- MITSUI & Co., Ltd (MITSUI)
- KODA AUTO
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cnk3on
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets